- General News (April 13 -- results of several votes at WWCA general meeting)
- Analysis of Lot Coverage by WWCA showing impact of restrictions on some WWCA houses (10 April)
- Analysis of Lot Coverage by Arl Dept of Community, Planning, and Housing Development, for entire county (21 April)
- WaPo article on Arlington's lot coverage restriction proposal (Mar 31)
- WaPo article on subdividing inner suburb lots to increase density (Apr 2)
- 4906 N 16th St "Woodlawn Manor" (Jan 3)
- 5200 N 16th St (Jan 21)
- 5123 N 14th St (Dec 11, 2004)
- 1400 N Geo Mason Dr (Feb 12)
- Vacant lot at Washington Blvd and George Mason (Dec 4. 2004)
- Example of increase in tax burden 1988-2006 for a single-family house in WWCA
- Waycroft-Woodlawn neighborhood statistics from county assessor database
- Why do our assessments go up so much?
- Proposed zoning changes to reduce lot converage
- Civic Federation's concise summary of residential building code by zoning area (.pdf file)
- Information on historic districts
- How to find deed information on properties
- List of subdivision restrictions and deed book references [77 KB pdf file] (Apr 25)
- Map of subdivisions showing dates of deeds [218 KB]
- Map of construction in W-W from 1860 to 1935 [212 KB] (Apr 16)
- Links to local developers and realtors
- Information tidbits (Dec 3, 2004)
Links to Other Sites
- Arlington Civic Federation, the "association of civic associations" in Arlington
- Links to neighborhood Civic Association information
- Arlington Dept of Community Planning, Housing, and Development (CPHD)
- Arlington Planning Commission (and links to minutes of meetings)
- Arlington's Zoning Ordinance
(and other codes). If that link doesn't work in your browser,
one, and click on the "municode.com" link
- Williamsburg Civic Assn's synopsis of the residential building code in Arlington
- Arlington County Civic Federation Planning and Zoning Committee on Lot Coverage Issue
- VDOT's summary of The Land Development Process.
- The Williamsburg Civic Assn's discussion of Zoning Issues and Infill Housing. It's an excellent site that has numerous links to additional documents and procedures.
- The Washington Post's list of neighborhood associations and points of contact.
- News about Arlington's historic districts and places.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation summary of the teardown problem, and executive summary of their report on Teardowns in Historic Neighborhoods (350KB pdf file).