Nah. It'll never happen. But I'm trying.
I'm not interested in gizmos for their own sake, though. My interests are motorcycling, camping, cartography, and personal computing, so the gizmos I've collected generally deal with those topics in one way or another, as you'll see from other pages on this site.
For those of you who like to keep up with the latest gizmos, here are a few sites that cover breaking news as well as old chestnuts::
- Gizmodo. This site is the grandaddy of them all. Still a good one.
- Engadget. The person most responsible for Gizmodo's success split off and started this one.
- Gadgetopia. Good for an occasional check-in, to make sure you haven't missed anything.
- Think Geek. This is a great source for unusual gizmos. You'll probably find things here that you never knew you needed. Hide your credit card if you're an impulse buyer.
- Cool Tools. Kevin Kelly was one of the principals of the Whole Earth Catalog and its successors; he also founded Wired magazine. Kelly maintains a blog of tools he and others have found useful. They don't have to be new to be considered.